What is it ?
Contact Linker is an application that allows to easily manipulate your contacts (stored in you phone's memory).
Associates, remove or export in mass, by the quickest possible way, specific pictures in your contacts.
Import and Export the ringtones association (the file format is clear and intuitive to allow a quick reorganisation of the contacts specific ringtones). You can make some different ringtone files to make some kind of profiles !
What are the different options ?
To see the complete description of all the different option of Contact Linker, please download the following .rtf document :
This document is equals to the help included in Contact Linker.
What is the imported/exported ringtone file format ?
Here is the format of the exported/imported ringtones file.
- These are the different elements in this file:
- Commented lines starts with a ";" (slash dot) character.
- Contact name lines starts with a “ " (space) character.
- Empty lines are ignored.
- RingTone lines are the other lines. Use “Default Ringtone” keyword instead of a complete filename for
the default ringtone
- Contact Name must have this format : "LastName_FirstName".
The imported/exported file containing the ringtones association could look like this:
In this example :
- no contacts have the ringtone song1.wav associated
- LastName1 and LastName2 have the song2.wav ringtone associated
- no contacts have the ringtone song3.wav associated
- LastName3 have the song4.mid ringtone associated
- LastName4, LastName5 and LastName6 do not have any ringtone associated (they use the default one)
The file format is text Unicode.
This file can be edited with your favourite editor (word, wordpad , ..) making some cut and paste to
organise your contacts under the desired ringtones. The editor used to manually edit the file must know
the Unicode format.
What is the imported/exported picture file format ?
Contact Linker allows to automatically associates (with a single click) all the image files in a specific directory
(and with a specific name like "LastName_FirstName.ext") to the matching contact found in the phone memory (and not in the SIM). The filename template can be changed in a configuration menu
The image format file may be one of the ones recognised by the phone (jpg, gif, bmp …).
The pictures are imported from the following directory by default: "d:\Media files\image\Contacts\".
The pictures already stored in the contacts may be overwritten.
The stored picture format in the contact is jpg with a quality of 90%.
Contrary to the default contact application, Contact Linker does not resize your pictures (in the default application, the stored width can't be bigger that 208 and the stored height can't be bigger that 197). This can be useful for some new application displaying your contact's picture in full screen, for instance.
You can export all the pictures of the contact database to image files.
A name like "LastName_FirstName.jpg" will be created for each contact (with an associated picture).
The exported picture format is jpg with a quality of 90%.
The pictures are exported in the following directory by default: "d:\Media files\image\ExportedContacts\".
About Contact Linker
Contact Linker is released as a DonationWare. You can use this application freely without any limitations. If you like it, please make a donation.
To make a donation, you can create a gift cetificatet on Amazon
Check this webpage to donate|
Another usefull thing you can do is to drop some comments on the different download sites.
Thanks for your support
Download and Install
To download Contact Linker 1.5,
Simply follow the installation process to install it on your phone.
You can choose the drive you want (you do not have to put it on C).
- 1.5 (01/01/2006) : 'Cosmetic' changes.
- Global: Change Font dialog added: possibility to change the font (name, size, bold and italic) used in the console.
- The lines are not truncated anymore in the console.
- Up and Down keys (or wheel) are used to scroll the console.
- The program is now integrated in the UIQ look.
- 1.4 (22/03/2004) :
- Global: List contacts modified: possibility to exclude some contacts
- The filenames of the imported/exported pictures can be customised via the Picture: Configuration option.
- Bug Fix: When the length was the same for the first Name and the last Name, and that the two names had first1 = last2 and last1 = first2, then the association of a ring tone or a picture was unclear.
- 1.3 (12/02/2004) :
- Import and Export of ringtones association added. The file format is clear and intuitive to allow a quick reorganisation of the contacts specific ringtones. You can make some different ringtone files to make some kind of profiles !
- Configuration dialogs added. The configuration parameters are saved.
- Menu reorganisation.
- Compact Database option accessible from global menu.
- The focus goes back automatically to contact linker 3 seconds after ‘default contact application’ launch.
- Bug Fix: the Picture: Delete in contacts option was missing some contacts.
- The .sis is compatible with all UIQ phones.
- 1.2 (28/01/2004) :
- Contrary to the default contact application, Contact Linker does not resize your pictures (in the default application, the stored width can't be bigger that 208 and the stored height can't be bigger that 197).
This can be useful for some new application displaying your contact's picture in full screen, for instance.
To avoid importing some very big files (resulting in a huge contact database), contact linker will display a "FILESIZE TOO BIG" message when an imported picture would take too much memory.
In this case, the picture won't be associated to the contact.
In the V1.1 version, this message was not displayed and only a part of the picture was imported (resulting in a partly displayed picture in the contact's view). Now (in V1.2), this message is displayed thus allowing to know when a problem occurred.
The maximum memory size of the imported image has also been increased by 3 (as a negative effect, Contact Linker will take a little bit more RAM to run).
- 1.1 (27/01/2004) :
- This version fixes a bug resulting in a "USER 11" error message. This error was raised when exporting the pictures of the contacts having a long first name or last name.
- 1.0 (15/01/2004) :
- First release of the Application (manage the pictures)